People pursue an online Master of Business Administration for many reasons. Some do so for the sense of accomplishment it brings, while others — the lifelong learners — may do so for their own personal development. Career advancement also motivates some to obtain the degree.
But perhaps the most common reason students pursue an online MBA is because of the potential to earn a higher salary. A recent Graduate Management Admission Council survey revealed that many employers plan to increase the salaries of MBAs at or above the inflation rate.
We all know that you usually have to spend money to make money, so you may be thinking that earning an MBA will be too expensive. Fortunately, when it comes to Fitchburg State’s online MBA programs, you don’t have to break the bank to earn your degree.
Can I Afford an Online MBA?
Online degree programs offer significant savings over their on-campus counterparts. If you are contemplating Fitchburg State’s online MBA, consider the following:
- No commute to campus. There is typically no travel involved. Students can complete coursework anywhere there’s a decent internet connection — at home, the local library or your favorite coffee shop.
- Keep your day job.Â You can work and go to school at the same time, so there’s no need to worry about loss of income while you are enrolled in Fitchburg State’s online MBA program. There are multiple start dates and no set class times. You can complete coursework late at night, in the middle of the day, or whenever it fits your schedule.
- No room and board.Â You can avoid the cost of room and board at school (and relocation costs) by pursuing your MBA in an online program.
- Course materials are wallet-friendly. Books and class materials generally cost less for online degree programs.
- No GMAT fee. You do not have to take the GMAT to enroll in an online MBA program at Fitchburg State.
Online MBA Programs at Fitchburg State
Fitchburg offers online MBA programs in three concentrations: Management, Accounting and Human Resources Management. Each program is 30 credit hours (10 classes), and tuition is the same for all concentrations.
The online MBA in management includes classes in core areas such as marketing, corporate finance, organizational behavior, and management and information systems. Accounting, strategic management and human resources management are also part of the program.
The online MBA in accounting also includes core classes in corporate finance, marketing, information systems and other areas. The accounting-based component includes coursework in accounting information systems, accounting and auditing research, accounting theory, and more.
Fitchburg State’s online MBA in human resources management includes coursework on legal issues in HR management as well as job analysis, employee selection, training, appraisal, promotion and discipline.
Invest in your future today by enrolling in an online MBA program. In as few as 12 months, you can earn your degree and set yourself up to merit a higher salary.
Learn more about Fitchburg State’s online MBA programs.
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.