Renee Scapparone, Assistant Professor
- DBA – University of Phoenix, 2007
- MBA – Anna Maria College, 1989
- BSBA with a concentration in Marketing/Management – Fitchburg State College, 1987
- Professor in the Business Department with FSU for more than 25 years
- Serving on Board of Directors for “Our Father’s House,” a local nonprofit
- Former Director of Operations for the ARC of North Central Massachusetts
- Former Executive Director of the nonprofit, Greater Gardner Community Development Corporation; also serving for 10 years as treasurer on its Board of Directors
- Holding a variety of sales, operations and customer service positions for Digital Equipment Corporation
Which classes do you teach online?
Strategic Management, Healthcare Management and Healthcare Finance.
What do you want your students to take away from class?
The ability to apply learned knowledge to real world business situations. Be critical thinkers and solution providers.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Treat each online class as if it were an on campus, face-to-face course. Be organized and structured, setting up weekly times to do your studies. Be active in the discussions, and maintain good communications with your professor.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in business?
I believe the most important qualities include commitment, passion, and being goal-oriented. Set the bar high, and have confidence you can do it! Also, good interpersonal and communication skills are important.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Lone Wolfby Jodi Picoult.
What do you do when you need a laugh?
Hang out with my friends and family.