Dr. Michael B. Leamy, Instructor
- Ed.D. – Breyer State University, 2004
- MBA – Nichols College, 2001
- B.S. – Bentley University, 1998
- Increased online enrollments from a few hundred a year to over 8,000 enrollments last year alone
- Recipient of UPCEA's Most Outstanding Session at Regional Conference
- Created new development and review processes to ensure both internal quality as well as external meet accreditation requirements
- Facilitated the transition of 12 traditional programs to online and/or low-residency hybrid delivery with approval from our regional accrediting agency (NEASC)
- Assisted in a grassroots effort with the New England Board of Higher Education to push for legislation in the commonwealth to join the national state authorization reciprocity agreement (SARA)
In which online program do you teach?
In what ways do you connect with online students?
ZOOM, Skype, email, and regular posts and announcements
What do you want your students to take away from class?
My main goal is for students to take away applications that they can apply to their current personal and professional lives.
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy making an impact on other people's lives when and where I can. I had great mentors in life and hope to pass along what I have learned.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Stay active and engaged on a regular basis. Ask questions when you have them and follow up on feedback. Also, take advantage of the knowledge and experiences that your peers have.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in business?
- Application of knowledge
- Ability to problem solve
- Working with others
- Interpersonal skills