Dr. Michael Greenwood, Professor
- PhD in Organization and Management – Capella University, 2008
- MBA in Management – Suffolk University, 1985
- B.S. in Marketing – Northeastern University, 1982
- Motivational speaker, writer, corporate trainer, and strategic planner with more than 30 years of business experience
- Served on the MWCC Foundation Board of Directors (2005-2013)
- Past board member for the North Central Charter School in Fitchburg and the Ashburnham-Westminster Foundation for Educational Excellence
- Founding board member of the Greater Gardner Business Incubator, Inc. and the Fitchburg-Leominster Twin Cities Innovation Business Incubator
- Former global marketing executive with IBM, leading a consulting practice for Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland
Which classes do you teach online?
Marketing and management classes.
What do you want your students to take away from class?
I place an emphasis on the application and understanding of the terms, tools and techniques that are necessary for effective business skills development.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Make a plan to succeed by assigning yourself a specific time to "go to class" at least 3 times per week. Actively engage in class discussions, keep up with announcements, and complete your assignments early. Stay engaged. Read the material, and write about what you've learned in class discussions. Talk to each other. Share ideas.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in business?
See the possibilities for a no-limits life by leading with passion and commitment each day. Reflecting on my 30 years as an executive, I've found seven [key] principles: reach for opportunity, lead by example, take responsibility, do the difficult thing, love authentically, have empathy, and live truthfully.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“The Art of War” by Sun Tzu.
What do you do when you need a laugh?
I crack myself up on a daily basis, and I enjoy "Seinfeld."