Michael Leamy, Director of Distance Education
- Ed.D. – Breyer State University, 2004
- MBA – Bentley University, 2001
- B.S. – Bentley University, 1998
- Six years overseeing the training and development for a Fortune 500 company in the same areas as I teach
- Developing and teaching online courses since 2001
- National presenter for UPCEA on Distance Education, 2015
- “Engaging Students Online,” NERCOMP Annual Conference, March 29, 2011
- Distance Learning Administration, 2008
- Leamy, Michael B. “Supporting Faculty from a Distance” OJDLA, 2008
Which classes do you teach online?
Organizational Behavior and Development; Marketing Management
What do you want your students to take away from class?
Essential keys for me ... include goal setting and measuring success, working and communicating with others, and looking for efficiencies while embracing innovation and change.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Be active, ask questions and stay engaged. This is your experience. You are a student but also a consumer of content. Make sure to get as much out of it as you can!
What qualities make someone particularly successful in business?
I believe the key skills most employers are looking for today are the abilities to communicate, work with a group, innovate and adapt to change. These are skills highlighted in our program, and I focus on them in my classes.
What do you do when you need a laugh?
Watch “The Big Bang Theory.”